|Register to vote!
|7th District Info
Get the latest information about Northeast Johnson County and the 7th District …
|Page For a Day
Please contact me if you have a family member or friend that would like to page for a day at the Capitol. It is a great learning experience and allows for a hands-on legislative day.
Kay with her husband Steven, their sons, Chad & Brad, daugters-in-law, jennifer & Lauren, granddaughter, Mirah, Kay’s father Jim and her poodles Cassie and Nikki.
For the past seven years, I have represented many of you in the House of Representatives. On January 14, 2013, I was honored to officially become your State Senator for the next four years. I am looking forward to the opportunity and humbled by the trust you have placed in me.
Without your help, I could not have been successful in this endeavor. Your participation with walking our neighborhoods, making phone calls, assisting with mailings, placing signs and contributing to my campaign was humbling.
2013 Legislative Priorities
- Grow the economy – jobs, jobs, jobs
- Protect funding for senior services
- Restore local control of education dollars
- Improve access and affordability to healthcare for all Kansans
- Protect funding for the developmentally disabled, physically disabled and mental health services
- Encourage state participation in alternative energy sources and production
- Govern with common sense and knowledge
- Be accessible and open to ideas
- Keep Kansas safe
- Protect and promote small business
- Expand the Unused/Unopened Medications Act